Home

Sunday 10 December 2017

A telling off!!

I was told off last week - "What has happened to your blog; nothing since 5 November."  Well I have not been slacking, as I have hand made 90% of my Christmas presents, plus a few other items that I will show you, but I was in a panic because of everything I needed to do.  As usual I did not need to worry as everything is complete and ready for wrapping!!  I cannot show any of these items until after Christmas obviously.

First item is the fabric I have received from Pyjama Fairies.  The fabric has come from the Thomas Cook Children's Charity and I requested a large bundle of 40 metres to be made into pyjamas and gowns for children between 10 and16 years of age.  Having been washed and dried, it is now ready for cutting out.


I hope to start using it next weekend but has to be used by February.

I bought two Spellbound Beads bauble kits at the Knitting and Stitching Show in October and this was the first one being made -


and the finished items on my little Christmas Tree
 

I love them both!!

At the end of November I went on a Land Conservation day at Chester Farm and all went well until after lunch when we had to start 'gardening'!  First I saw this sitting on the garden wall - not sure what it was.
Possibly a sheep's head

Anyway, we were to clear the bank in front of the house and I decided it was not for me.  I get very worried walking down a steep hill, but standing and gardening finished me off!!  I might slip and fall over backwards - such an irrational fear!

We had to make a path down beside the wall and then build a path going off to the right.   I decided that this was man's work on this occasion and left!!!!  Don't worry I am still doing my fair share of volunteering.  I have recorded two 'Oral Histories' and we led a guided tour of the 'Roman' field yesterday in the freezing cold!  It was bitterly cold.

Winter has arrived in my part of the UK and this morning I woke up to this.
... and still snowing

I fed the birds and watched the cock blackbirds trying to feed and at the same time being chased off by another one, who was defending his territory and using up all his energy.

Nothing for it but do some baking for the Higham Piecemakers Christmas party tomorrow
Ham and Stilton tartlets (Waitrose recipe)
 Here is a link to the recipe and I hope it works.

My Tilda Bunny is progressing slowly in between the Christmas makes
The skirt is finished  and though I have made her head, it still needs stuffing and attaching, and I have nearly completed one ear so I am getting there slowly.

I will not be blogging again before Christmas but it should be a bumper one in he New Year, so can I wish everyone a happy Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.


5 comments:

  1. Just love the bubbles and can not wait to see the Christmas gifts you have made. Such a cold snowing Sunday I am sure the birds love you. Pleased you are back. Have a Happy Christmas and a wonderful new Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on making all the presents by hand. Better than me, as this year we've too much going on what with new carpet being laid tomorrow & nephew & partner arriving from UK next week. Yikes! I love those baubles & they must have been very fiddly. Volunteering outside when it's freezing wouldn't be fun & that amount of snow must be amazing. Have a wonderful Christmas & Happy New Year too. Take care, huggles & will see a post from you in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the snow is the worst for four years. My son in the South never had any and is jealous! It is thawing now but hard frosts are expected at night. Horrible driving conditions in the day. Enjoy your Christmas whatever and wherever you spend it.

      Delete
  3. Phew, worth the wait. But your blog is so interesting. Hope the tartlets are safe till next week. Look forward to seeing your makes.

    ReplyDelete