Home

Sunday 29 July 2018

New projects?

The hot, hot weather has broken and it is raining at the moment so that has prevented me from going out on my bike for a good long ride and that has been the problem with the lovely weather. 

I love the sun and cannot bear to be indoors when we have it, so a great deal of 'sitting about on the patio reading' took place as it really was too hot to garden.  However some plants enjoyed the heat
My Callistemon (Bottle Brush bush)
 
This bee loved it

The bees were all over it!!

Walking along a pavement in the middle of Bedford I looked down and saw this -


I had no idea what it was and eventually I was told it was a Sycamore Moth caterpillar, but I didn't pick it up because of the hairs.  Poor thing I don't think it would have survived as it was heading for the road!!

I have started a new project, though I have been mulling it over for a week or two.  Let me explain!  My younger son runs marathons and sometime ago he has asked me to make a throw out of all his T-shirts that he accumulated over the years.  He completed marathon 85 last weekend and has planned to do marathon 100 this time next year when he will join the 100 Club!!  Anyway here they are
Just a small selection


I have cut out the logos etc out so the pile has reduced


and kept all the offcuts to use as sashing.  Some of the T-shirts are dreadful colours; fluorescent greens and orange, but some have interesting pictures, whilst the fabrics are awful for patchwork use so will need stabilising before I even start. A lot of work needed here but some ideas are forming.

I have crocheted pink flowers for Crazy Hats Beast Cancer Appeal


and am making crocheted 'Apples' for another project but they are a WIP (Work In Progress).

I am also smocking a new project and I showed practice pieces in an earlier post, but I have now started the real thing!!
Picture smocking


I have a new lever arch file for all my smocking projects and so this will be a book cover for it.  I think (and this maybe famous last words) I may have got the hang of this at last, after a great deal of practice!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, love that pink callistemon. Of course, they are one of our native shrubs, but usually red out in the bush, so seeing other colours & grown in far off UK is a treat. Our S-i-L has just run his first half marathon and did quite well &think that may have been on his list of something to do before he turns 50 next year. Smocking is something I've tried, but not had much luck with it, so stick with a few other things. I think I should try some crochet flowers though, as they look lovely. Have a good week and take care. PS, enjoy that rain & hope you get some more sun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the T Shirt Quilt !! They always look good but maybe are not the best fabrics to work with !

    ReplyDelete