Home

Friday 20 December 2019

A Happy Christmas

I have had a very difficult November and had been planning a post during the month, but it never materialised and I was in danger of not getting up to date for Christmas.  However I can report that, after panicking, I have caught up with myself and only have mince pies to make on Sunday.

With some friends I went to a wreath making workshop here and we knew that as it was only 2 hours long we would not be using a basic ring and bound with moss.  We were given a ring of floral foam (Oasis) set into another solid ring and already wet.  Lots of greenery was provided but plus other items and voila, after 2 hours 


and some dried orange, berries, glitter, a bow etc it is now hanging on my front door.

I was unable to attend a Higham Piecemakers workshop in October when members would be making an indoor wreath.  However I was lucky enough to have help in cutting out the shapes from SH a member of CUC (we call them Cock Up Corner but they make lovely things!!) and made this
I love it and released my inner designer self!!

Luckily I had made my Christmas cake at the end of October and it was maturing well through November and then a week ago I put on the almond paste
 and have just finished icing it  I used to spend hours doing smooth royal icing and decorating with piped icing, but now it is rough iced with some treasured figures that are used each year.
I only make the cake for my younger son and a little bit for myself, but when I asked whether one was needed this year, he said "Christmas may as well be cancelled" so here it is.


Finally Higham Piecemakers had their Christmas Parties this week and the Monday ladies always have a bring and share lunch


(the desserts were elsewhere!) and as usual there was a great deal to eat and this was followed by raffles and games.  BUT the final item is distribution of the Christmas Challenge and for 2019 we must -

"Make a 3D item of your choice using the pack of paper pieces provided.  You can use the shape alone or applique it.  You also have a fat quarter of fabric which you can use of not, but it would be nice to see it used in some way.  You have until 30 March 2020!"

My brain is working overtime and I will not start it until the New Year as so many ideas are whizzing around.

My apologies for the shortness of this blog, but I have had a very difficult end of the year, but may I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a good New Year to you and your families.

3 comments:

  1. Just love BOth wreaths and so pleased you have got on track we had a great meeting on Monday . Enjoy your Christmas and see you in the new year,(when we can start our challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wreath is adorned with fat balls and is now in the back garden
    Well done for keeping up to date with posts 0)

    ReplyDelete