Anyway chores have been done and so after writing this I can disappear into the studio and finish off a project I would like to get sewn before Easter weekend.
It has been a particularly busy week as I have had to tidy the garden up after winter even though I found it quite cold. Cleaned out the pond -
which had fallen apples bobbing in it, from next door's tree. I also brought up some old leaves off the bottom and this pile will now go on the compost heap, BUT look closer at the pond; it has now got a green slime with an oily film on the top. I have no idea what to do so any help would be appreciated!!!
I have this lovely Hellebore but wish it's head didn't hang down as it is so pretty
This week has been the big reveal of the Christmas 2015 Challenge for Higham Piecemakers. We were given a fat quarter of fabric (mine was white) and a clock mechanism and have it finished by 14 March.
What to do? I usually come up with ideas fairly quickly, but this time my 'little grey cells' would not engage. Then suddenly at my smocking class in January I saw a quilt hanging on the wall at Poppy Patch in readiness for the Helen Spence workshop on 5 April and so, with apologies to Helen, this gave me an idea -
I set my block into a circle of fabric and machined the Roman numerals. Why did I use these - well they are all straight lines and I could do them quickly!!
I had already decided to have it framed professionally and what a wonderful job they made of it -
I love it and it keeps good time, so that is a bonus.
Do look at the Higham Piecemakers blog to see all the clocks; they are all beautiful and original and I feel proud to belong to such a creative group!