Home

Wednesday 28 March 2018

British Summer Time

Here in the UK the clocks went forward an hour last Saturday night for British Summer Time (BST) and though I lost an hour's sleep I immediately felt so invigorated, so much so that I turned off the central heating (well the sun was shining) and opened the back door and almost, yes almost ran round the garden in my PJs.  I didn't, which is probably just as well, but instead went for a bike ride.

This stretch of road is a hill down and steep up the other side and in the past I would have dreaded it but it now holds no fears for me.  Amanda - this is especially for you as I used the boost button and shot out onto the A6. Luckily no traffic around!

There was a field of horses just by me
The point on the horizon under 'O' is Irthlingborough church
 


Anyway it was a lovely sunny Sunday morning bike ride.

Friday last was smocking day and when we were looking for a venue to hold the group we found the Community Room at our local Tesco store.  There is no charge and we have free tea and coffee so what more could you ask for.  Teacher J was not there but we are now quite experienced so could help each other if necessary.  We were able to photograph our latest projects

.... a bowlful of smocked Easter eggs.  Aren't they lovely; I think we deserve a group pat on the back!!  I will show you my personal contribution next time.

If you read the last Higham Piecemakers blog you will know that at our all-day meeting we made bunnies, and boy, did they breed!  I actually think that they were hares because of the long ears. It was a really fun day and I was trying to keep up with my friend, who seemed to have stuffing the 'animal' off to a fine art and actually at the end of the day she had finished, dress and all. I had made the dress but my hare was still armless!!
Now complete!
The dress is Liberty Lawn that I bought in The Fent Shop in Skipton two years ago.  Another to add to my collection and I hope that they all get on together.
So I have nothing else to make;  I am at a loose end and it is pouring with rain outside so I can't even do any gardening which is how I spent last weekend.

Never mind perhaps I better tidy my workroom and the Easter weekend is coming up and I am going on a gentle cycle ride organised by British Cycling.  I have warned them that my bike is electric but I don't think I will be using the boost button much!!

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up & hope you have a lovely Easter weekend. Thanks for sharing, love the eggs & hare. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the collection of toys, Well done for finishing them. Looks like the Easter weekend may very well be wet for your cycle ride - boost or not !

    ReplyDelete