Home

Sunday 22 February 2015

A big disappointment

Well readers, you are lucky to get a post from me today, but this is only because of a big disappointment this morning. I had decided to go Cambridge to work on the kitchen garden and more importantly bring back some leeks and purple sprouting broccoli for myself and stay for Sunday lunch.

However I drove off down the road to hear a clanking sound from somewhere in the car. I have a suspicion that it might be the suspension but I definitely could not drive to see my son and so round the block I went back home. It will mean a slow trip to the garage tomorrow morning and it could be expensive!!

I was really looking forward to my day out as it would have ended a very enjoyable weekend on a high.

On Friday I went Nordic walking from Souldrop and it had rained hard the day before -
Very muddy
Sticking to the drier parts
That is better
I decided to wear my very heavy boots as I know they are completely waterproof and I am glad I did. We ended the walk with a lovely lunch at the Bedford Arms. It was a good day.

Yesterday was a 50+ Adventure Club activity that I had organised and though I did not plan to take part I was very tempted!! The group were going Roller Blading and when I got there I discovered that they also had roller skates and I remembered doing this when I was about 10 or 11 years of age!! I had loved it then but decided that though they provided wrist support, knee and elbow protection I wouldn't just in case I fell over - I know, I am a coward!!  
Roller skates
Roller blades 
Slow and steady to start with!
By the end of the session they were all whizzing round (well almost), though there had been a few spills on the way AND I didn't envy them one bit!!

Anyway I better get on with some sewing/embroidery/crochet in lieu of a Lovely Sunday Lunch and have a dry crust of bread instead - only joking.

3 comments:

  1. I hate going to the garage! They always suck in their breath and tut!! Hope it's not serious :((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the car is not too poorly, and look on the bright side you could have been half way to your destination before the clonking started.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Sounds expensive but what would we do without a car. feel sorr for you

    ReplyDelete