Home

Friday 11 September 2015

A sneak peek and other things

Is it Friday already and another week gone?   Am I the only person wondering where a large part of 2015 has gone.  My youngest grandchild started school today and I received a delightful photo of her looking very grown up in her uniform and because of this her Mummy and Daddy are moving her bedroom around to make it a 'big girl's room", so out with the small bed and in with a new divan.  Must check if she has a quilt for it as I can't remember!!

Yesterday I had to go to Cambridge to look after the children and as I walked to school to pick them up at 3.30pm I decided to pick some of these from a tree that is on the way.  It is laden and nobody bothers to pick them -
Their common name is 'Dog's Bottoms' as my grandson remembered!
Yes,  they are Medlars and I must have picked about 3kgs as the bag was very heavy.  I have put them into a bowl to 'blet'.  I probably should have left them a little longer but I didn't know when I would get another chance to pick them.

I have succumbed to the Mini Mania challenge that some friends are doing and you will find information through this blog.

Here is a sneak peek -

Needle packet to give indication of size



I will tell you that the centre square is finished at ¼" and I am hoping that the finished squares will be 2" finished.  No more than this at the moment.

But I have a finished item - YAAAAY!

I worked the last few rows of my toe to top socks last night and though they were very difficult to make I am pleased with the finished result and they fit beautifully.  So here is the TAH DAH moment -



The photograph makes my legs look fatter than they are!!



Tomorrow it is 'Mud and Mayhem with the 50+ Adventure Club and I am desperate to drive a Hovercraft!!

I will definitely let you know how it went....

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you have been lured into MiniMania! Love the socks, and very interested to see the results of your bleting . Have a great Muddy day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of medlars, what are they used for....jams, pickles, chutneys???? Glad you gave joined in with the Mini Mania Challenge, have to say I seem to learn something new with each challenge. Socks are great, and if we have a cold winter it might be worth making more as they are so cosy.

    ReplyDelete