Home

Monday 22 February 2016

Half term

I have had a busy week, hence the delay in updating the blog. 

Last Friday with a friend, I went to Textiles in Focus and had a very pleasant morning wandering around the stalls and looking at the fantastic display of 'embroideries and textiles' and I use this term in the very loosest way.  I bought a pattern from Delia Cecil, half of 'Running with Scissors' and admired the other half, Jennie Callomon, who designs and makes wonderful figures with beautiful faces.  We also admired the work of this group.

I also bought this -
Soooo useful!

and these
for a future project!
Linus quilts were taken to group this week and you can see the selection here.

 
I am not sure that is should have done free motion quilting, but I wanted to put hearts in the middle of each block.
All quilts were labelled
I cannot claim that half term has got in the way, but I had my 'Cambridge' grandchildren for Saturday night but not before having some fun at Stanwick Lakes first on the play equipment -


then the tubes were fascinating -



and finally we walked to the Assault Course for them to have a go -



and I had to drag them away for hot chocolates in the café.

In my last blog 'Snowdrops' I mentioned buying small wooden bowls

So useful and what a bargain at £1 each!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment