Home

Sunday 6 April 2014

Lovely days walk yesterday

As you may know I am a member of the 50+ Adventure Club and though we try to take part in 'adventurous' activities we do a few walks through the year.  Yesterday it was a figure of 8 Spring walk around the Kings Cliffe area of Northamptonshire.  We did a muddy walk in the morning, followed by a pub lunch and then some of us managed to drag ourselves out for a further walk in the afternoon on good footpaths, through Fineshades Wood which is part of Rockingham Forest.  It was 8 miles in total, so a good distance.

The weather was very kind to us and most of us had to take our jackets off at some time as we got very warm.

Being a committee member I have to organise a few activities which this year seem to follow on month by month so currently I am planning for August and September activities.  We have a varied programme this year with indoor activities in the winter months, but we are just beginning to take part in outdoor activities.  Next weekend I have organised horse riding, followed by a car rally in May, with fiendish questions set by me when members of the club drive, sedately, through our local countryside stopping in the villages on the way.  We finish with a pub lunch again, when I also mark the question papers to see who is the winner!!

I am still organising Orienteering in June, an August London Experience and a 'wet' September weekend in Norfolk.   Everything seems to come at once, but I really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment