Home

Thursday 26 June 2014

A small visitor and other things.

I went to my usual Wednesday group meeting of Higham Piecemakers last night and didn't feel much like sewing so I crotcheted instead.  It has been a really busy week and it hasn't finished yet., so blogging may be in short supply over the next few days but I was cheered up by seeing this little visitor on my lawn when I got home - a hedgehog! 

So many get killed on the roads that I am delighted to see it and I hope that it will eat some of the slugs in my garden.  Anyway I threw some of 'Spikes' Hedgehog Food onto the lawn and stood for 20 minutes outside, not moving, while a great deal of crunching went on.  If I can look after it, it may not want to cross the road in search of food.

Pleased to say he has just come back again this evening and so another handful of Spikes has been thrown down.  

I am delighted to announce that our Mandalas have been posted onto Pinterest so we are famous!!  Please look for them as they are now part of Yarndale 2014.

3 comments:

  1. I love hedgehogs - sign of a flourishing garden . Seen the mandalas - international fame - Yay!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hope the hedgehog returned.mandalas look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so lucky to see the hedgehog, such cute animals. Mandalas look great

    ReplyDelete