Home

Thursday 5 June 2014

Oh, my downfall at the garden centre

After the hairdresser yesterday, I thought I would pop into the local garden centre to buy some packets of vegetable seeds I needed and a couple of perennials for my sister.  I am going to supper with her and instead of flowers or a bottle of wine, I thought plants would be more acceptable as she is trying to get her garden ready for a big party later this month.  I picked up a small basket and it was downhill from then on, as I landed up with seeds, at least six pots of perennials, bird food and other items.  I staggered to the checkout and was slightly surprised that the bill was not higher than it was.  

I have just been in the garden trying to decide which plants to give my sister as I love them all, and it has been a struggle giving up two of them.  I have planted the remainder and put up my hanging baskets!!

 If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will remember that I had started to make Dorset buttons.  Well this has progressed and yesterday afternoon I spent a happy time making a Christmas decoration using one of them.
These are the originals and one has turned into  .......
this
I have even made a large one with a hanger attached and this is still very much a 'work in progress'.

So 'watch this space' to see what finally happens.  I still haven't found the right thread for the big one, but I think there is hope on the horizon from my local little shop which stocks absolutely  everything, and I am not kidding!!  Ask her for it and she has it.  Brilliant place.

3 comments:

  1. What a great decoration it's great think you ought to show the H/P group.
    well done Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the button Carol! You should have bought two of the same plants, then you would not have minded sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about garden centres.....they lull you in with their beauty, and leave you lighter in the purse department :) I love your decoration and look forward to seeing more creations.....

    ReplyDelete